Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday shopping...



Today we went to church as usual, but instead of meeting to eat lunch at one of the usuals (which would be our house, Andrea's, or mom and dad's) we went to Jonesboro instead. No one really felt like cooking and we needed to get some more things for Andrea's wedding. Mom chose the restaurant, so we ate at Dixie Cafe. It was okay and all and Kylan and Jace like the simple foods they cook, so it worked out. Afterwards we went shoe shopping for the guys (Kylan and my dad.) They both needed dressy brown shoes for the wedding. You would not believe how hard it was to find Kylan's shoes. Dad's were easy, one trip to Kohl's and we were good. He also found him a tie and socks. We went to every store in the mall that sold boys shoes before we FINALLY found a pair at Payless. They had really nice ones at Dillards for $45, but you have to know my son in order to see why I didn't purchase these. These shoes will be worn ONE TIME ONLY! He does not like dress shoes and would prefer his new balance or flip flops anyday over them. I hated to pay that much for shoes he would most likely never wear again. At Payless we were fortunate enough to find a decent looking pair AND they were on sale for, get this, $10!!! But, they didn't have his size (of course!) They were super nice though and called the other Payless store, which had the size he needed. We had them hold them and mom and I kept the kids at the mall while my dad and John were the heros and sped across town to get them. The mall store had also given us a $3 coupon since they didn't have his size in stock, so therefore we ended up only paying $7 for them! Talk about bargin shopping, huh? I also bought me a pair of heels in payless for $6. We were shopped out by then, but we still had to make a quick trip to Walmart for something to take to a graduation dinner at our church for one of our members high school grad. Late for some reason, but none the less, the church had one for her. Anyway, we are now at home relaxing and I even had time to do one scrapbook page after I got Jace down for the night. This week should be pretty interesting with all of the last minute wedding preparations to finish up on.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Gotta love some payless! Love the gold heels. You should see the silver heels that I got at a little shoe store in Paragould... SUPER cute. I have no idea where I am going to wear them... I guess around the house in my moo moo!

Stacy said...

Forgot to say that I love the page!

kristen g. said...

I feel your pain with the kids shoes! Mom and I hit the outlets today and probably tried over 10 pairs of shoes on poor Kate's feet. You found a bargain!
The scrapbook page you made is cute!

Anonymous said...

Nice post!! I got married few months back and got a same pair of gold stuff shoes from Zappos for my wedding.