Saturday, June 21, 2008

YARD SALE








Okay so we got up at the crack of dawn this morning to have a yard sale. Ok, maybe not that early, but around 5:45. And by we, I mean me, mom, Stacy, and Tiffany. Angela was gracious enough to let us use her yard (thanks girl!). Our goal was to set-up between 6:30 and 7:00, which of course didn't happen. I'm always late!!! That was only the first problem, that and the fact that I asked my dear hubby to bring us 10 tables. Of course he heard the part about needing tables, but not the number, so he brought us 5. Five tables for four girls! Come on! There was no way it was all going to fit so we left the trailer there to display stuff as well. We were selling basically everything for a quarter or less, so you would think that we would sell everything we had. Some of it was worth more than that, but speaking for myself, I just wanted to get rid of the junk. Stacy and my mom modeled clothes trying to bring in some customers, and one customer was even nice enough to take his picture with Stacy. I think we only scared a few, lol. We had a great time chatting all morning. And guess what my grand total was!!!! I made a whole $15.60! WOW!!!! Talk about getting a sunburn and being worn out for that!!! I was way disappointed. We didn't want to take anything home, well except for the stuff we bought from each other, which did not help with me earning a profit, (but thanks Stacy for the AWESOME deals!). That and the burger and fries for lunch, along with the gas money it took to drive to town to make $15 bucks! We did offer a guy the whole trailer load of stuff we had left over for $50. It was a lot of stuff, and he took us up on the offer, so later John and my dad took it all to the customers house and unloaded it all for us. OH WELL! Atleast I got to hang out with some of my favorite girls today anyway! Oh, also I decided to make my first diaper wipe case cover today to see if I could do one. I thought it turned out okay to be my first one. If you like it or know of anyone that might need one let me know!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I had a blast! We did sale a bunch of junk too! Those pictures are too much! Did you include John in the $50 deal? The diaper cover is too cute!

kristen g. said...

That is too cute! Sorry you didn't make all the $$ you were hoping for, but it sounds like a fun time anyway! :)