Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cranky Jace






Jace has been super cranky the last couple of days, but we now know why. He is cutting one of his top back molars. I was not expecting this so soon, esp. since he still doesn't have all of the front teeth. This makes his 7th tooth. He has 4 on top and 2 on bottom. He seems to do okay during the day, but at night it seems to be bothering him more. It looks awful, there is a huge knot and a bloody looking blister where the white corner is sticking out. It is very hard for me to keep an eye on it, seeing as how it is in the very back and he won't open up that wide for me. The left side seems to have a knot on it as well, but it doens't look bad at all, just swollen. I feel so sorry for him, I know it must hurt. Jace is getting so good at so many little things like clapping, blowing sugars, peek-a-boo, standing on his own, giving high fives, and just being all over cute! It is amazing how much I have been blessed to see this summer. It seems to me that he has been late on a lot of things, but maybe that was just God's way of allowing me to witness it all. I am so glad and thankful. John and I are about to actually watch a movie, I am Legend so I guess I am done blogging for the night.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Poor guy. We still have NO TEETH. I know what you mean about doing things later than other babies. Jake did everything so soon, Luke was right on average (what I can remember anyway- with two under two, it was hard to remember a lot) but little Miss is like the Perma Baby! That's ok though, I don't want her to grow up too fast. Every milestone she makes and every "first" is filled with a mix of happiness and sorrow all at the same time. I seriously don't think she is going to get teeth at this point though!

amber leann said...

Hey, I hear the later they get teeth, the healthier the teeth, so be thankful! On another not so postivie note, bless her heart, when she gets them she will probably get them all at once! Poor Ruby Kate and poor mommy!

Chandra said...

Awhhh, poor baby. I feel awful for him, and you! By your detailed description, it sounds horribly painful! Maybe it will be over soon, for the both of you! Hope you were able to enjoy your movie!

Laura said...

These teeth are going to be the death of me too!! I have been using teething tablets. THe only place I can find them is at Wynne Medical Pharmacy. They work great!!!

amber leann said...

Are you using the Hyland's brand teething tablets? That is what I have, and Jace is so funny, when I shake the bottle he gets excited!