Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a busy weekend!!!



A little catch up time is in order again. Friday us girls cancelled bunco and had a girls night instead. We had a great time talking and catching up with each other. Saturday was a busy day. John took Gatlin and Kylan to some mud races. They later told me it was a lot of fun. Mom, Jace, and I however, opted to go shopping instead. I haven't really been shopping in a loooong time. Our first stop was to a furniture store where mom has been eyeing a new buffet for her dining room. It was a success stopping there (mom got one on sale and even more of a discount because it was the last one)...until we left. The parking was TERRIBLE there, so mom and I were watching 3 different vehicles when we were backing out of the lot. I managed to dodge all 3 but then we heard and felt a loud BOOM! I just knew that there was a small car crushed behind me. Luckily it was just a pole in my blind spot. Mom and I jumped out ready to see a huge dent in my back bumper, but to our surprise, it was just barely pushed in. The blunt of the impact was on the hitch so it didn't do much damage at all. In fact, unless it is very carefully pointed out, you can't even tell. I decided that since we were so fortunate and all that John didn't need to know about my minor mishap. I don't think he would have been upset, but would have given me a speech about how I had to be careful and look EVERYWHERE before backing out. Remember, this is the second thing that I had backed into, the small trailer being the first the week I got the truck. Thank goodness the Lord is always looking out for me and my family. We managed to get over our sick stomachs and nerves and have a fun rest of the day. I was excited to get the boys some deals at Dillard's and the Gap, and even managed to find me a cute dress. Mom and I also bought groceries, oh and I got 2 new yards of fabric, which always makes me happy. As soon as we got home,the boys came running out to help me unload, which was very thoughtful of course. We then rushed to put away groceries so that we could head to town to eat supper and watch the game with friends. We (as well as all 5 boys amongst us) had a great time. Today was church and my grandma's birthday. After church we went to visit her. Then we all stayed outside for awhile so that the boys could play on this beautiful day. My camera was MIA this weekend. I only managed one picture of Jace tonight. He was carrying water bottles to the laundry basket that I had just emptied and managed to get stuck in there with them. I am also posting a picture of one of the cute outfits that I LOVE of Kylan's.

7 comments:

Shea said...

Hmmm...apparently Tahoe's are tough! That's the same place I backed into another vehicle a couple of weeks ago and mine's fine, too! Still makes you sick though, doesn't it?!

amber leann said...

It's a good thing too, lol! I was sick, and now know how you felt that day.

Amy Barrett said...

Thank goodness for hitches! I've had too many saves due to my hitch too - and also several mishaps that my husband hopefully will never find out about!

I need a bumper sticker that says DO NOT PARK BEHIND ME OR I WILL HIT YOU! That's just common sense! ha.

Love the outfit too! Where is the fabric picture?

amber leann said...

I think the bumper sticker would be an ideal one for me as well, lol! I will post a pic. of some of my new fabrics today if I get the chance.

Stacy said...

What! You had a wreck without me! Did you hit Dortothy Gotfry?

Tiff said...

Ok, the next time we go somewhere I am driving!!! Maybe not since I am the only one out of the three us (out together) that hasn't had a wreck, so it's bound to happen.

amber leann said...

HA HA Stac! No, but I bet she had that pole put up in the parking lot!!!