Thursday, November 13, 2008

The things kids say...



My kiddos have been cracking me up lately. Jace with his "Oh me" and Kylan at school. His teacher told me yesterday that the nurse came in to check all of the kids heads for lice. Kylan had his hair in a mohawk with blue color, so she was having a hard time checking his hair. She asked him about his hair, to which he explained, "My momma puts stuff in my hair everyday so I won't get bugs!" How funny! This is of course so true. Along with Kindergarten comes the dreaded lice epidemic into the classrooms. I have no intentions of Kylan getting them. I have no clue as to how to treat it or my house for that matter, and want no part of it. Therefore I hairspray both the boys, and myself every morning before we go to school to hopefully avoid the matter all together. Anyway, not much matter to the blog tonight. I am posting a funny pic of Jace that I took tonight. He wanted to wear his hat and was running around the house with just a shirt, one sock, and his winter hat. Too cute! Which reminds me......a lady, who is the mother of a guy Johns works with, and who works with my sis, gave the boys camo hats. Jace decided that he wanted to wear his to bed. Yes, my almost 18 month old. Every time I thought he was asleep I would try to take it off and he would wake up screaming until I put it on. After the fifth attempt I let him keep it on. Later I felt John finally able to pull it off his head. The funny ways of a child, yet soooo entertaining. I almost forgot another funny thing that Kylan has been singing. Here goes: Jingle Bells, Shotgun shells, granny has a gun, shot a deer in the rear, in 1991. What is that all about??

4 comments:

kristen g. said...

Silly boys! Don't you love them so much when they make you laugh all the time? ;)

Amy Barrett said...

How funny! I love that version of Jingle Bells!!

Does hairspray really keep the bugs away?

amber leann said...

I've heard hairspray really works, and I'm banking on it, so it is worth a shot! :)

LindseyB said...

i've heard that too. lice don't like dirty hair, they like clean hair, because greasy hair smothers them. so hair products scare them away......when i worked in the ER and one of our lice prone patients would come in kmy friend and i would take turn spraying our hair and scrubs with hairspray....hey we didn't want to take them home.