Monday, February 23, 2009

Next time I'm taking off for a FUN day!




I took off a half day today to take Jace to the clinic. Yesterday when I got up and got him in the tub his ear was all nasty and crusty. Sorry for the graphics. I cleaned it up and then looked deep inside his canal to see this weird funky white looking stuff. I have never seen anything like it so I was frantically calling my friends to see if they have ever seen this stuff in their kids ears. I also talked to a friend who is a nurse who said to bring him in just in case, but that it probably was no big deal. Well, thank goodness, it was just Swimmers ear and a possible perforation of his eardrum, but nothing that won't heal on his own. She couldn't tell much because of the build up of wax in his ear. Yes, yuck, I know. Anyway, she gave me some ear drops and antihistamines and sent us on our way. Let me tell you though, our appt. was at 1:15. We got there at 1:00 which is not normally like me, to not only be on time, but early! We were there for 2 1/2 hours. Let me tell you, that is NOT fun, with a 21 month old. I am exhausted! He was too and is taking a nap as we speak, lol. I took some pictures while we (my mom went with me) were trying to keep him entertained. And yes, he has a tongue depressor in his mouth. Just be glad I didn't take pictures of the blown up latex glove that my mom made eyes on with a permanent marker she found in her purse!

6 comments:

Ginger & Emma said...

FUN, FUN! Picture this... You turn 40 and you have a 21 month old that someone handed to you while you were nearly 6000 miles away from home, family, friends, etc. Talk about exhausted! I wouldn't have it any other way. The only consolation is that each year since, I think... oh my look have far we've come from that first doctors appointment. I wouldn't take anything for mine, but do NOT envy you! They are fun at that age, but so is a new puppy. So glad Jace's ear will be okay. He doesn't look like he is in any pain. So precious!

Chandra said...

My first thought... He doesn't look like he feels badly! He is really getting so big, and as always a cutie pie!

amber leann said...

He really hasn't been fussy, thank goodness. He was pretty cranky last night, but I think only because when I picked him up from school it was the middle of his naptime and he didn't get his full nap. Oh, and Ginger, I can't even imagine how you did it all! Thank God for mommies like you that take on the challenge!

Shea said...

So glad Jace's ear is ok. Looks like you all did a great job keeping him entertained!

Ginger & Emma said...

Large doses of caffeine, the good Lord, and a wonderful family, is all that helped me to survive those first months. May I say, being a little younger would have helped tremendously. Like I said, I wouldn't have it any other way, plus it was God's plan, not mine! The best gifts come from his PLANS! So glad to see Shea's post! You are my new hero, Shea! :)

amber leann said...

God's plans are right! So glad he works in our lives!!! Shea is AWESOME, and a hero of mine as well!