Monday, February 25, 2008

Scary




Okay, so a REALLY scary thing happened today with Jace. I was on the phone with Christina when I saw that Jace was choking on something. He was in the floor playing with Kylan's books so I didn't have a clue what it could have been since I didn't notice anything but the books there earlier. I basically threw the phone down, of course, and starting beating, okay not beating, but trying to figure out what Jace was choking on. He started throwing up, which was a good sign, but still nothing that I could see him choking on. I am then calling mom on speeddial with one hand while trying to help Jace with the other. I didn't know what else to do basically. He kept throwing up and finally after the third time I finally saw something in his mouth. Kylan the whole time is in the background crying I don't want Jace to die momma. I am of course panicking but trying to be brave for Kylan's sake. I grab the object out of Jace's mouth, and of course mom is running over from next door and gets here to help. He is no longer choking, just scared. I ask mom if I need to go to the ER just to have him checked over, she says no he is fine, just gave us all a good scare. Well, the object was a small piece of plastic off of Kylan's yogurt package which had been unnoticed when the books were placed in the floor by Kylan this afternoon. So anyway, the point of this blog, besides of course giving God the glory that he watches over my precious babies, is BABYPROOFING, BABYPROOFING, BABYPROOFING!!! I always make a point to look for small things and to vacumm as much as I can, but there is still room to miss. Also, after it is all said and done, I thank God that he protects my family and that my boys love each other. I am posting some pictures of pre-baby drama from this morning before school. One of them shows him chewing on the tag attached to a blanket, which just goes to show, everything goes straight to the mouth.

3 comments:

Christina Staggs said...

Whew! It scared me too! I am glad the little guy is ok! You're such a good mom, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do and definitely wouldn't have been able to keep my cool!

kristen g. said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad he is okay. It's so hard to get every little piece of everything up! Kate is so destructive that half the time I never know where pieces of who-knows-what come from!

amber leann said...

Thanks you guys for thinking of us!!!